I'm back...

HNY, LOF (Legion of Fans), if there are any of you still out there.

I'm back, with a repaired laptop and bursting with things to blog about. I've just got back to South Africa, land of internet access and cheap beer, after a sojourn in Zimbabwe and Zambia. I have much to report.

I'll be hitting all my many blogs and desperately trying to convince people that I am still alive and kicking.

Had me a fine old time on Lake Kariba, on a houseboat (more like a house ship, actually) where I coincidentally met the people from Getaway Magazine who post my blogs there. Amazing. We had a great chat and one of them sprayed a bottle of champagne all over Mrs Blog and me just after midnight on Jan 1. I also recall doing the limbo at some point, and singing 'The Gambler' in a bout of improptu Karaoke. Zimbabwe, I apologise.

Anyway, I also still have a ninth novel to write so I can't dally here all day. More to come, in the very near future...

Comments

RobertLW said…
The limbo I can understand. Who hasn't done that. But, TP, The Gambler? Really?
Crookedpaw said…
I guess you didn't know when to walk away, or when to run.

Welcome back
Crookedpaw said…
ps. I hope Ali G and your mum are okay and haven't been affected by the floods.
ali g said…
No problems with us CP. We're Central Tablelands NSW. Our rainfall here has been perfect.
Dams all full, tanks all full and I'm presently getting full as we sit here this afternoon looking out over our drought broken slendour.
Getting a bit wet down there in Victoria though we hear.
Tracey said…
Welcome back! I also got the post-midnight champagne-spray treatment. I suppose it beats the rest of the year in these parts, when we just get sprayed with pesticides.
Trin said…
What a DISGRACEFUL waste of champagne - or was it just our non-French cheap version - sparkling wine???