Favourable review, and favourite books

As well as talking at libraries and drinking with readers, I've also been doing lots of media interviews during the tour, and my stylish and indefatigable publicist Lou has been organising book reviews. Shameless self promoter that I am, I just had to share these two clippings with you (oh, and brace yourself for more, for what is a blog if not a self-indulgent tool for shameless self promotion and free internet advertising?).

This first one is a short review in Brisbane's leading daily newspaper, The Courier Mail (in fact, it's Brisbane's only daily newspaper, but I can't say anything bad about it because the Courier Mail carries excellent, incisive, book reviews written my very smart people. And my cousin works there).

This second piece was in The Weekly, and it's me telling y'all about some of my favourite books set in Africa. I'm often asked what books I read, so, if you want to know, read this... (and if you don't, get back to work you slacker). Click on the pic if, like me, you find that writing is getting smaller and smaller these days.



Comments

ali g said…
You're going to have to stop this...there's no more room left in the scrap book.
Crookedpaw said…
Ali g, buy another scrapbook. Actually, better make it three or four. You'll need them when the movie takes off.

Tony, on the subject of reviews, S organises a blog for her store, Dymocks at Doncaster. Because the staff there can't read everything in the store, she has just started a project called Friends Of Dymocks Doncaster where she invites customers of the store to write reviews on books they have read and would like to tell others about. You know, word of mouth kind of thing.
Being the loyal customer/partner I am, I gladly participated, and "The Delta" is first cab off the rank. The review also includes a link to your website, where people can find out more about you and your books.

You can read the review here if you want to have a look.

Live long and prosper.
tonypark said…
Hey crookedpaw, just read the review. Thanks very much.

Also, we were able to get your corrections into the second edition, so I owe you a beer next time I get to Doncaster.

Thanks,

TP
JR said…
TP,

Dinner with Mugabe? Trying to remember if I lent that book to you?

JR
tonypark said…
Jr,

Ummmm, errrrrr, ummmmmm...

Email me your address again please and I'll send it back to you. Good book.

tp
RobertLW said…
Couple of nice choices, TP.
RobertLW said…
This comment has been removed by the author.