Another day, another library, another time change.

Here I am at Sydney Airport, nonchalantly posing beside a rather striking light box poster of my new book THE DELTA, desperately hoping someone would walk up to me and say, "why are you standing next to that poster - are you Frank Coates, having your picture taken so you can take the p*ss out of Tony Park - or are you really Tony Park, number two bestselling Australian fiction author (Bookscan figures, 2009, for one week only, T.Winton, of WA, 1st)?"

Yes, it's really me, sans stitches and now sporting a fairly rakish little scar on my nose. On the road again. To paraphrase the Hoodoo Gurus, "I spend half my life in airports... and when the bar is open you'll often find me warming a seat." Pretty much sums up a book publicity tour.

But apart from drinking in airports I also talk at libraries - lots of them. And, it seems, I often get the start times wrong in my newsletter.

ATTENTION GOOD PEOPLE OF WESTERN AUSTRALIA....

My talk at the AH Bracks Library at Melville, on Wednesday August 4 is a 6.30pm for 7.00pm start, not, as previously advertised by me, a 6pm start.

After that it's Mandurah Library at 2pm on Thursday the 5th, and then on Friday the 6th the gala Painted Dog Conservation Inc charity cocktail party at 7pm for 7.30pm atthe Hyatt Regency, 99 Adelaide Terrace, Perth (booze included in ticket price - contact Ange at lemonj@ozemail.com.au to book).

I haven't forgotten the prize for the liars' competition below - just amusing myself watching the intercontinental ballistic banter between you members of the Legion of Fans (LOF). I love it when you talk dirty to each other.

And now, for your listening enjoyment, here are the aforementioned Hoodoos with a song which reminds me of Afghanistan, but that's another story.


Comments

RobertLW said…
Awesome! There's one in Brisvagas too. But I though that was Matthew Reilly.
RobertLW said…
Sorry, don't know how to spell my own home town. Brisvegas. Plus you are "pick of the month" at Townsville airport. There's a segue between your nose injury and how Townsville airport newsagency has described you, but I won't draw attention to it.
Mark Simmons said…
It was a great dose of nostalgia just listening to the HG's clip.

Good to catch you on the Gold Coast last week Tony.

I'm about half way through Delta - another winner

Cheers