Greetings Britain... this is Australia calling...

In a couple of days' time my third book, 'African Sky' will be published in the UK.

This is quite a big deal for me, because up until now my books have been published in Australia, and distributed to New Zealand and South Africa, but not the UK. The only international deal I've had so far was a Dutch translation of Far Horizon, which morphed into "The Elephant Hunters".

I'm excited by it, and also pathetically grateful to my very good friends at Pan Macmillan for taking a risk on me (enough sucking up?).

Seriously, though, it's like getting published for the first time all over again - which is a great feeling. The UK office has also done a terrific job in negotiating deals for me in Germany for African Sky, and in Germany and Italy for Far Horizon.

Thanks Anna, Jeremy, Rebecca, Jon, Dave, Sandra and everyone else on the team.

Above is the re-designed cover of African Sky, for the UK release.

Comments

Flea said…
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Happy to say I've read it already!! But I won't tell! naa na na naaa naaa!
Gargoyle said…
Woo HOO! Well, done, I'm very happy for you, and for those who now have a chance to read your books!
You should be able to sit back and watch the green getting greener now.

I think you have wisely invested in your skills, and so have Pan. May you both suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune! Half your luck.
Anonymous said…
Better break out the warm beer...bit up from the no-name vodka eh?
ally g