We all look alike to them

At the risk of sounding like I'm prone to racial stereotypes, I couldn't let this one go by without recording it somewhere.
 
Mrs Blog and I wandered into the terrace restaurant at Mopani rest camp in the Kruger National Park this morning and quickly jagged a table in the sun that had just been vactated by another murungu (Shona slang for white person - spelt mzungu in swahili) couple.  They had left their money and the African waitress had just picked up their payment and tip and turned away as we snuck in.
 
A few minutes later we saw the waitress looking at us - a slight look of puzzlement on her face.  She then proceeded to ignore us.
 
"What do you think?" Mrs B asked, smiling.
 
"Yep, I reckon," I said.
 
Mrs B went over to the waitress and asked if we could order.
 
The woman put her hand over her mouth and started to laugh, at the same time apologising profusely.  She hadn't realised the occupants of the table were different.  She said something in Tsonga (the language of the Shangaan people) to the waiter next to her and I'll bet anything it was...
 
"They all look alike to me."
 

Comments